WCS Philippine Preliminaries
« previous entry | next entry »
Sep. 16th, 2006 | 12:21 am
This is not in anyway official, this post just serves as a link for the topic in PinoyCosplay.com, please post your comments there. Any names and dates here are only frictional.
Due to the nature of this international competition, these set of rules are only for this event only. All applicants will be reviewed by TV Aichi and World Cosplay Summit officials. At a later date, TV Aichi and World Cosplay Summit will invite 20 primary entries and 10 standby to compete at Philippine Preliminaries 2007.
1. All World Cosplay Summit applicants must be citizens of the Republic of the Philippines.
2. All applicants must possess a current Philippine Passport or be able to acquire one by May 1, 2007.
3. All applicants must be available for international travel to Japan from July 2007 to August 2007. Must not possess any record of deportation or denied being issued a Japanese visa.
4. All applicants must be at least 18 years old by June 2007. Proof of age will be required. Minors should submit along with their application a notorized acknowledgement and permission from their parent/s or guardian.
World Cosplay Summit will have a total of 20 primary entries: 10 Individual entries and 10 Group entries. There will be a total of 10 standby entries: 5 Individual entries and 5 Group entries
1. Applicants can only enter under one classification: either Individual or Group.
2. There is a 3 minute time limit for each entry.
3. All applicants must be attendees of Philippine Preliminaries.
4. All applicants must fill out a Waiver/Image Release Form.
5. All applicants must check in at the Cosplay Events Office for final updates, information and submissions of updated paperwork.
6. There is a MANDATORY meeting at the Cosplay Events Office. Each confirmed entry must send at least one representative.
7. All applicants must be amateur* costumers.
a. *Amateur is defined as a person or persons who:Create costumes for personal use without the intent of making a profit from their products.
b. Do not create pieces specifically for sale.8. All entries are required to have prerecorded audio of dialogue and/or music on CD Audio format.
9. All CDs must be received by November 1, 2005 at the Philippine Preliminaries Cosplay Events Office. Keep all recordings to the 3 minute time limit. If any recording runs over the time limit, it will be edited to fit the time limit.
10. Do NOT send official music CDs with instructions on which track to play. Philippine Preliminaries organization and its staff will not be held responsible if any CDs are lost or stolen. 11. There are NO microphones on stage.
11. Online Registration will open October 9 2006. Online Registration will close on November 16, 2006.
12. If space is available, At-Con Registration will be available at the Cosplay Events Office. At-Con Registration will close November 18, 2006 at 1400.
13. All applicants must submit an email resume with the following information. Email to: WCSphil@pinoycosplay.com.ph
Indicate Individual or Group classification.
Full Legal Name
Date of Birth
Contact Phone Number
Philippine Passport Number
History of Costumes and Awards:
Costumes made and worn.
Include information regarding the characters and its source.
Costume Awards received
Include information of Event, Year, Award title and Costume worn.
A total of 4 photographs must be attached.
2 Head shots, one must be a front view and the other a 3/4 view.
2 Full Body shots, one must be a front view and the other a 3/4 view.
All photos must be formatted to a 3” x 5” size, 72 dpi.
All photos must be in costume, include information of the character and source.
NOTE: The said picture is with the costume to be worn on the event itself
World Cosplay Summit Contestant Rules
1. All contestants must be attending members of Philippine Cosplay Preliminaries.
Group entries have a minimum of 2 members and a maximum of 3 members.
2. All characters in a group must be from the same anime, manga or Japanese video game franchise.
3. Contestants may request a particular time frame to be on stage (ie first, middle, or last) but the Coordinator ultimately decides the presentation order. Any argument may result in disqualification.
4. All contestants must be respectful and careful of each other, their costumes and props at all times. Willful damage of costumes and/or props as well as inappropriate manners toward other contestants or staff will result in disqualification.
5. Contestants are prohibited from jumping or running off stage.
6. The use of Flash Powder, Fireworks, Lasers, Electrical Flashes or Smoke Machines is prohibited.
7. Do not leave anything on the stage that can not be quickly and easily picked up by stage hands.
8. Narration to be read by the MC must be 35 words or less. Any narratives will be read before performances and costumers information will be read afterwards.
9. Interaction with the MC is prohibited. All performances must be self contained within the group.
10. All contestants must only participate in a single costume entry. An entry is one competition unit that may only appear once on stage during the competition.
11. All Contestants have only a 3 minute time limit. Performances that run longer that 3 minutes will be stopped at the 3 minute time mark and contestants will be escorted off the stage.
12. Any presentations with stunts or shocking performances must be cleared with the Coordinator before the event. Failure to do so will result in immediate disqualification.
13. Contestants must adhere to a standard of decency in their costumes and performance. If it is not allowed in a PG-13 rated film, then it is not allowed in this event.
Please check with the Coordinator if there are questions about certain aspects of your costume and/or performance. Do not risk disqualification and possible removal from the convention by wearing or behaving inappropriately on stage.
World Cosplay Summit Costume Rules
1. This event is for amateur costumers. Professional seamstresses, tailors, costumers, clothiers, etc. may not participate in competition.
2. Costumes should not be constructed with messy substances or materials. Paint or make up should not come off during casual contact with others.
3. Costumes must be self-contained. Connections to electrical sockets will not be available.
4. Purchased or Rental costumes are prohibited. (Wig, shoes and selected accessories are acceptable.).
5. Found Item costumes are not allowed unless each component has been modified from its original form/use. Photos of before and after modifications may be required. Wigs and certain props are acceptable as is.
6. All Props must conform to Philippine Cosplay Preliminaries Weapons Policy.
7. Costumes and Props must be constructed by the contestants.
The only 2 exceptions are:
a. Costumes and Props of a group were made by members of the group.
b. Costumes and Props were made by or helped by non professional family/friends without monetary compensations. Any assistance from family/friends is limited to one group.
8. Winning cosplayers are required to have at least 3 costumes that can be transported to Japan.